In the late Spring-early Summer 2018, Vanier Co-operative Parents & Staff together collaborated in an exercise to define “QUALITY” childcare. Here is a list of some of the “words” selected by our engaged group.
From our amazing parents:
- loving; child-centre, fun; healthy
- fun; active
- exploarative; creative; growth; communication; connection; nurture
- caring; innovative; child-focused; inclusive; love & caring
- happy; helpful; caring; loving
- inclusion; play-based; inquiry; passion
From our awesome educators:
- Care: listening; communicating; love
- Health: compassion; care; patience
- Collaboration: New; Emerging; Critical Thinking
- Caring; respect; nurturing; engaged
- Compassionate; respect; understanding; open mind
- Collaboration: patience; care; Empathy
A common vision with different approaches…Vanier Co-operative will endeavour to broadly paint its interpretation of quality childcare and decide as a non-profit, co-operative organization collectively on its final definition. Coming soon!