OFCCS Centre: CPVCSAP: Vanier Co-operative is committed to the protection of the personal and health information of its clients, partners and staff.
On January 1st, 2004, the federal Personal Information and Electronics Documents Act
What is personal and Health Information?
- Personal information includes any factual or subjective information, recorded or not, about an identifiable individual. This includes information in any forms such as a personal email address, food allergies, health information ( including drug prescriptions), age, home address, etc. It does not include the name, title or business address or business telephone number of an employee of an organization.
Who is responsible for protecting the personal and health information collected, used and disclosed by OFCCS Centre: CPVCSAP: Vanier Co-operative?
Why collect, use and disclose personal information?
- OFCCS Centres: CPVCSAP: Vanier Co-operative is committed to providing quality, dependable and inclusive childcare, and information services to meet the diverse childcare and early year’s needs of families and children.
- Use personal or health information provided by the clients/staff for the purposes of performing its obligations under this agreement
- Refer any person looking for access to their personal or health information to the privacy officer ( the coordinator of the centre )
- Not disclose any personal or health information from client/staff without express or unless required by law
- Comply with PIPEDA 2001 and any other applicable law or regulation concerning privacy protection
- To ensure we communicate with the appropriate parent/guardian for each child in our care and employee contacts on emergency listing forms.
- To determine eligibility for our families using our programs and services.
- To assess the needs of each child and to ensure that these needs are met
- To identify the children and their families who use the services of OFCCS Centre:
- To provide families with information and referrals to community support services in Ottawa
OFPCS Central Administration & CPVCSAP: Vanier Co-operative Administration:
- To administer our program and services, (time sheets, attendance reports etc)
- To collect payment for series provided
- To ascertain the qualification and suitability of applicants to provide childcare
- To facilitate the recruitment of Program Assistances for children with special needs
- To ascertain the qualifications and suitability of volunteer applicants
- To report use of childcare subsidies to the City of Ottawa
Does OFCCS Centre: CPVCSAP: Vanier Co-operative disclose personal information?
We disclose personal information: (with consent):
To childcare programs working with Children’s Integration Support Services to develop individual support plans and team service plans for eligible children with parents consent